Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cradle Crap

I have so many friends who are pregnant and having babies right now, and for some reason, they all seem to care what I think about baby products! I have to say, it is sort of satisfying to be able to give an educated opinion about this stuff, because if you know me at all, you know that when I was pregnant I spent HOURS reading reviews on everything from strollers to sleepsacks, and from nipple cream to nasal aspirators. I mean, it was borderline obsessive and sort of scary to Bill, who probably thinks I love Amazon more than him after all the time I spent gazing at the computer screen with my pudgy pregnant brow furrowed.
Anyway, I have to say that I made some great choices and some not so great ones, and that along the way I have discovered some real gems among all the CRAP that is marketed to hormonal, easily influenced pregnant people. Here are a few of the things that have TRULY FOR REAL made my life as a mom easier and more satisfying. Presented in a manageable one-at-a-time format, so you have more of this babble to look forward to!


Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Shampoo
I HATE cradle cap. it is so gross, and I will admit that I feared it more than the way more serious things that could have befallen CC. and of course, like all babies, she got it. I remedied that ickfest with a quickness, first picking at it with my fingernails (ew), then rubbing her little head with olive or canola oil every other day (she IS part Sicilian), and finally stumbling across this shampoo in Pier 1 one day. The verdict? Picking cradle cap is GROSS and CC hated having me attack her head all the time. The olive oil worked but resulted in a baby who smelled like a french fry and had weird oily hairstyles all the time. Also the cradle cap would come back in force between oilings. The shampoo is the ONLY thing that works and it keeps the cradle cap from coming back! Now CC has a beautiful, soft, cradle cap free head that people (who have babies) notice and comment on! No cradle cap=happy mommy. Here it is. Get it. This stuff is SO MAJOR. (holla Rachel Zoe fans!)


Bella B Bee Gone Cradle Cap Foaming Shampoo 8 Oz




No comments:

Post a Comment