1. Extreme bib hatred. She just can't deal. She sees that bib coming and FREAKS OUT, grabs it with both hands and fights me off like I am coming at her with a chainsaw. If I do manage to get it on, it ruins her entire meal, and she can't focus until the hateful thing is removed from her neck. So now she eats naked most of the time. Hopefully this won't carry over into her teenage years, because that would be uncomfortable in a high school setting, yes?
2. Irritation with hair ornaments. She has a ton of hair and it all hangs in her eyes. But try to put a barrette or a ponytail holder in her hair and two seconds later she is eating it or throwing it out the car window. But Bill says NO to cutting her hair.
3. Communicating "all done." When CC is done eating she smiles nicely then quickly sweeps everything off her tray onto the floor before I even know what happened. Apparently this is her version of signing.
4. Being told NO(!) in regard to pens, scissors, the computer, knives, remotes, phones, and keys. This goes over poorly every single time. She finds these items to be most intriguing and if you take them away or move them so she can't reach them, WATCH OUT.
5. Shopping cart aversion. She has decided she hates the shopping cart. She used to love it. Now it is considered a torture device that keeps her from wreaking havoc on the baking aisle at Hannaford. So now we have to grocery shop as a family and Bill is in charge of chasing her around the store, whilst I fill our cart with healthy foods with ice cream treats hidden underneath. Having Bill around makes it difficult to buy things I normally manage to sneak by him, like boxes of Twix bars that remind me of my youth, Pixie Stix, and bacon.
So you can imagine that things are not as easy as they used to be, but they certainly are a lot more interesting!! And, fun. The girl cracks me up all the time, and it is worth whatever grief she is giving me at any given moment because I just love her so much. I just cannot imagine how life will be with another little one around at the same time! Does anyone have a baby I can borrow for a couple hours to see if I can actually do this?
"KEEP. THAT. BIB. AWAY."