Friday, May 6, 2011

I Read The BOOK First.

If you know me at all, you know of my obsession with True Blood. Sorry Bill. (my Bill, not Vampire Bill. But, I am on Team Eric, so I guess I could apologize to Vampire Bill.) Well, hopefully you also know that True Blood is based on a series of books by one Charlaine Harris, and that there are now eleven of them. The show takes on one book per season, so there is quite a bit happening in Bon Temps that you may not know about if you have not read the series. Anyway, since I had it on pre-order from Amazon, this is what showed up in the mail on Tuesday.
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 11)

Ahhhhh. Dead Reckoning. I have been waiting so patiently, and now it is here! I am about halfway finished at this point, and am loving it. Sookie Stackhouse is one of my favorite characters of all time, so I couldn't wait to see what kind of shenanigans she has gotten herself into this time around. (If I didn't have a baby, I would have finished by now, but CC has little patience for books without pictures or rubber corners.) So far it seems that Eric is having some issues with his vampire child Pam, that he is still SUPER HOT, that the two-natured are up to their old tricks and may or may not have tossed a Moltov cocktail through the window of Merlotte's, that Sookie's fairy kin are practicing selective truth-telling (their M.O.), that Sookie is most likely going to have to kick some serious supernatural boo-tay at some point, and that some major shiz is about to go down with the vampire king. All good stuff in my opinion. 

I am nothing if not a little obsessive about books (as previously hinted at hereand proven when I infamously brought my new copy of the final Harry Potter book to a good friend's wedding on the day it was released -best wedding anniversary ever BTW, nice job L&R-, and read it), and so obviously I have the entire collection of Sookie books, and I re-read them frequently. The one downside is that I don't get this in the books.

Or this.

But, I digress. If you haven't read the books, I recommend them. Not too heavy, good sassy adult-themed vampire fun, and there is WAY more going on in the books than in the show, so you will get some background info and a glimpse into where True Blood is headed. And, you should know that Season Four of True Blood starts on June 26th, and you KNOW that I will be doing blog posts about each and every episode weekly. LOVE IT. Thanks HBO. And Charlaine Harris. Life is better with vampires. (But not those whiny PG-rated Twilight vamps. Puh-lease. Let's keep it real here.)

And now I leave you with this. An incredible combination of some of my very favorite things. Sookie, Snoop Dogg, gangsta rides, and booty shaking. See you all Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment