Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random Musings On A Thursday Afternoon.

Wow. Fail.

So I did not post every day this week, but I swear I'm not lazy. I have been super productive procuring a jogging stroller, going to a job interview, and sanding the walls in my office where the previous owners did an abysmal job of patching over some improperly installed drywall screws. Now lets take a moment to examine each of these things.

One. The jogging stroller. If you know me at all, you are laughing hysterically right now, and remembering the one time I DID run (from the cops in the park at night when I was in high school). However, I was sweetly offered this one for free from one of Bill's cousins, so dammit, I am going to jog. Or at least walk fast. Anything to get the baby jiggle off my butt permanently. My other stroller has a snack container where I hide treats for myself, so I am hoping this one keeps me from snacking on naughty foods when I am supposed to be getting my jog on. I'll let you know how it goes if I don't die first.

Two. The job interview. This is very stressful for me. I am not 100% sure I want to go back to work full-time yet. I would prefer a part-time position, but I have not been called yet for those interviews. So today I went and interviewed for a full-time position that sounds great, and I think I rocked the interview (because they couldn't see that I had a hair elastic keeping my pre-baby pants closed), but I don't know what to say if they call and offer me a second interview. I don't want to leave my baby. But, I would like to be contributing financially around here and have money to spend on Ebay and Etsy without Bill giving me the side-eye every time a package shows up in the mail. What's a girl to do?

And three. The wall. I hate the people that used to own the house. WHY they did some of things in here is beyond me. I wish they would have just left it all alone, because if I have to fix things, I would rather NOT rip out the crap job they did and then have to rip out the crap job that existed in the first place. I prefer to just do things once, thank you very much. Oh well, soon I will be ready to paint and then I can do an actual decorating post and show you a room in my house that is actually finished!

So that's where we are at this week. Riveting stuff, right?

CC the Jogging Drill Instructor.

"I said RUN woman! Don't make me get medieval up in here."

No comments:

Post a Comment