Thursday, April 14, 2011

7 Month Letter. On Time and Everything.

April 14, 2011

Dear Caroline,

Today you are 7 months old. I need you to stop growing so fast because you are becoming such a big girl, and it makes me so happy, but so sad to see you leaving babyhood behind. Every day I marvel at you and the way you exist in the world. You have such a good heart and you are so happy. I hope you will always feel the kind of joy I see in your face when you smile.

You are trying to pull yourself up now and you can stand while holding onto things. You love music and dancing, and of course I have made up a little song for you about that! Yesterday I held you up on your feet and let go and you stood by yourself for 5 whole seconds! I can see you trying to figure things out now, and when you find a button that makes a noise you will push it over and over again. You are so smart already, and I can tell you are going to give us a run for our money when you start talking and wanting to do things on your own!

You eat lots of things now, but you especially love pizza crust, honey wheat Ritz crackers, mango, green beans, and turkey cranberry baby food. You can hold your own bottle and you are almost able to drink from a sippy cup AND a straw cup. You have been a complete angel every time we have taken you to a restaurant, and the other day you had your first brunch with the Squirrel girls and your BFF Emma!

When Daddy gets home at night your face lights up and you smile bigger than you do for anyone else. I love when you hold your arms out for him and make him feel like he is the luckiest Daddy in the world. You have so much love in your little heart and we feel it every day. I can’t tell you enough how much I adore being your Mommy.

Now that it is getting warmer you are getting to ride in your stroller quite a bit and you seem to really love this new vantage point. People still comment on how cute and beautiful you are, and you always reward them with a smile. It is nice for you to see the world from your cozy seat in your stroller, and I love that you are so mellow when we go for walks. I feel like you are always watching things around you and taking everything in, and I can see your little brain working hard to process each new thing you encounter. It is truly miraculous to witness.

I love you so much Little Bird. I can’t wait to spend our first summer together and share with you my favorite season, my favorite place, and my favorite things to do. Thank you for making me the luckiest Mommy in the world. Love, Momma Bird



CC’s Free Fallin’ Song
She’s a good girl, loves her Mama, loves Daddy, and her kitty cats too
She’s a good girl, crazy about lions, loves dancing, and singing too 
And it’s a long day, living in New Hampshire, there’s a snowstorm, blowing through the yard
And she’s a good girl, with a great big smile, she’s a good girl, with a great big heart…



No comments:

Post a Comment