Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miguelito

As some of you know, I have a younger brother who is totally one of my BFFs. He is only about a year and a half younger than me, but trust me, I am OLDER and WISER. He is currently about to celebrate his birthday and one year wedding anniversary in April and have a baby boy in June. My baby brother. Trip out.

I mention this because Miguelito is my world. We grew up traipsing the country in our NAVY family and most of the time we only had each other to lean on. He had his moments of course, since he IS my little brother, but for the most part we stuck together and looked out for one another. And when we could both drive we had a blast, since we lived in Panama City Beach at the time and that place is T.R.O.U.B.L.E. If you know us personally, you will require no explanation.

Miguelito is currently serving in the NAVY himself and has to leave his pregnant wife for long stretches of time. He just left yesterday and I already miss him and his hilarious phone messages. I know he'll be back in a month or so, but it still makes me sad when he is gone. For now, I have to amuse myself by leaving him ridiculous voicemails and chatting with my SIL more often. But, it isn't quite the same.

Here we are at our respective weddings in 2008 and 2010 (me first, obviously, and I was 18 weeks pregnant at his wedding so don't think I'm a fatty!). I heart him, even when he is a pain in the ass. And, if I ever figure out how my scanner works on my fancy printer, I will be happy to share a much more hilarious photo of us when we were much younger. I'll work on it. In the meantime, fair winds and following seas Miguelito. Hurry home.



No comments:

Post a Comment